Saturday, March 6, 2010

Spring!

The AZ desert still continues to amaze me!! The spring rains have given the hills around Phoenix a nice hue of green. Today we went up to Lake Pleasant to do a hike we did on the first of January. I have pictures of it from an earlier post. So fun to see the difference! It was like a brand new hike!
I have an almost identical picture from 2 months ago down in my blog. Thought it was cool to contrast! I love the fresh spring green!
Just some of the wild flowers. I've been surprised by the amount and variety. Hiking this fall and winter I never would have guessed what was waiting to jump out of the dirt. Like a hidden treasure. Thanks AZ desert!
California poppies and some little purple flowers. No idea what they are.
I was very surprised to see lupin!! I always associate lupin as an alpine flower so was surprised to see it growing here in the desert! My neighbors have had gorgeous lupin all winter. Guess I know what I'm planting next fall :)
After the hike we went to the Marina to eat at the restaurant they have on the dock. I don't know why, but something about just being on the water is so much fun! Our table below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment