Friday, August 14, 2009

Camelback

The picture below I pulled from the internet to show the outline of camelback mountain, a "mountain" that I live just a 5 minute drive from.  As a kid I remember driving to Yellowstone national park and being told how Sawtelle mountain shaped the outline of an indian.  I remember how elated I was when I could finally see it.  I think because of that experience I have an affinity toward mountains that suggest an image with their outline and hence I love camelback mountain!   Above is a picture I took of the Camel's head on a drive up the hill.

Looking toward downtown on what I would call the "neck" of the "camel."
Same spot looking toward Tempe/Mesa/Gilbert
Looking back toward the "hump."  I think the house on the top left is awesome!  The stone color matches that of the hillside and looks like a castle.  It was for sale.  I called on it and they are asking 3.9 million.  I was expecting to hear 20 million so that made it seem not so bad ha.
On camelback road close to my house.  Camelback mountain is straight ahead, my bank on the left, and I love all the date palms!  I fell in love with date palms in Israel.
I'm gaining appreciation for the saguaro cactus sense they are everywhere.  They are sometimes HUGE and are very dramatic looking.  Their branching habits are never the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment