Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bird is the Word

There is a canal that is just a block from my house that I like to go running on or use to walk the dogs. The cooler weather has brought an influx of birds that I'm assuming spend winter here and summer in colder locations. (My backyard has seen a number of hummingbirds which have also been fun to watch) I got a kick out of these ones today. 2 types of duck (mallard and I believe a gadwall), a lone goose with what looked like an injured leg, and what appears to be, after some research, some kind of cormorant, also by himself. It was like a big adopted family of misfits just hangin out together enjoying the beautiful weather. It made me pause and think, wouldn't it be nice if humans could look past our far more subtle differences and just hang out, relax, and enjoy the weather! What we could learn from birds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment